QLD Senior State Cup 2020 – Wrap up, Winners, MVPs and Super Series Teams
2020 Senior State Cup attracted 150+ Referees, 176 teams from 24 venues, 3,000+ players and 7000 spectators in a skillful and exhilarating 3 days to Sunshine Coast Stadium.
Queensland Oztag would like to thank everyone that was involved in making this huge weekend so enjoyable; from the parents/spectators, to the coaches, the players and all the referees and officials involved.
A huge congratulations to all players that participated over the weekend with ever-changing and testing conditions. From rain and mud to sun and sunburn, everyone kept soldiering on whilst continuing to showcase amazing skill and energy levels. The 2020 Senior State Cup saw teams from as far north as Cairns and as far south as Tweed Coast and west to Toowoomba
This year’s Senior State Cup saw multiple venues reach the finals in their respective divisions with the wins being shared amongst 7 different venues. This included wins from the emerging Capalaba and Moorooka. However, they couldn’t overcome the consistent performers of Caloundra (5 GF Wins), Wavell Heights (4 GF Wins), Miami (4 GF Wins), Maroochydore (1 GF Wins) & Townsville (1 GF Wins).
Senior State Cup saw outstanding talent come from far and wide with our MVP’s coming from 7 different venues out of a possible 19 MVP’s.
The 2020 Super Series Tournament will be composed of the QLD Jesters, QLD Fury and QLD Rebels teams that were selected from The Senior State Cup tournament over the weekend (see below for teams). This is a new team format to go hand in hand with the new Super Series format. Teams are selected using the same selection process, however, rather than being selected regionally, the team that you potentially make is dependent on where your team finished over the weekend. For a more detailed outline of how this works please check out the Super Series Team breakdown sheet below.
This year we have also named 8 player development squads for each team. This squad will be the players that are on standby to fill the positions in any teams which may have players withdraw. For more information on how this works then click on the Development Squad Q&A file below.
- Detailed Event information will be emailed to each of the selected players in the coming days. If you have not received the information within 7 days of the teams being announced please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teams are listed as per available players – some players decided to make themselves unavailable for selection due to various reasons.
- Players are listed alphabetically in order of venue not selection order (this includes Development Squad Players).
- State Cup divisions with only 7 or 8 teams in their division will have the 7th and/or 8th finishing team split throughout the 3 teams to ensure a fair and large enough selection pool of players for the 3 teams.
- If your division had 5 or less teams in it then a Queensland Merit Team would have been selected. Due to the current travel restrictions these team will not have teams to play at Super Series (note: there is the potential that there could be southern teams to verse at Super Series pending travel restricting being lifted post Covid-19)
Results and MVPs: Click here
Development Squad Q&A: click here
Team Breakdown: Click here
Super Series Teams
|16 Boys||16 Girls||Open Mixed|
|17 Boys||17 Girls||Senior Mixed|
|18 Boys||18 Girls|
|20s Mens||20s Ladies|
|Open Mens||Open Ladies|
|30s Mens||Senior Ladies|
|35’s Mens||Masters Ladies|